KINGO SHIMBO who is a founder of HINOYA started his business at
MATSUMURA in NIGATA Prefecture.
He moved to Tokyo and started new bussiness selling "IMAGAWAYAKI"
(it's like Japanese pancakes filled with sweet red bean paste) at the
Corner of Higashi Honganji Temple entrance facing Asakusa street. In
that era, his store was closely surrounded by several stores dealing
with US military surplus, and "NISHIKAWA SYOUTEN" the right next to
HINOYA was dealing U.S. pants that cost as much as 1000 yen which was
very expensive at that day. "NISHIKAWA SYOUTEN" and other stores such
as dealing with US military surplus were getting popular. KINGO was
decided to quit his "IMAGAWAYAKI" business and started new HINOYA
which deals a lot of goods such as U.S. military surplus and imports
from U.S. mainly. This became the foundation of current HINOYA.
1955 - Moved to UENO（it was 3 buildings away from current HINOYA main store.）
1958 - Moved back to ASAKUSA
1959 - Moved to UENO again （this is current HINOYA Main Store.）
1965 - YOJI, KINGO'S Son took over his bussiness, and KINGO decided his
1973 - HINOYA Co.,LTD was established.
HINOYA Started handling with U.S. miritary surplus but also many kinds
of imports form U.S. such as Levi's and so on. After Levi Strauss Japan
was established, HINOYA was supplied jeans, jacket and so on from
Levi's, and YOJI had started his management for HINOYA selling Levi's,
military goods and import clothes from U.S.A.
08.04.1983 - HINOYA ALPHA Open
12.15.1991 - HINOYA PLUS-MART Open
10.10.1992 - HINOYA PLUS-ONE Open
Close HINOYA ALPHA and Renewal it to Levis store Ueno
04.22.2005 - HINOYA UMEDA Open
10.22.2010 - Sun-House Open
10.20.2014 - Sun-House JINNAN Open
Close HINOYA UMEDA and move IT to HINOYA NAMBA PARKS
Renewal HINOYA PLUS-ONE to be HINOYA ONE
03.08.2021 - Sun-House IKEBUKURO PARCO Open