Sun Surf × National Treasure of Japan
Doshoku Sai-e Nanten Yukei-zu
Jakuchu Ito Special Edition "Doshoku Sai-e Nanten Yukei-zu"
- Sun Surf focused on the painters of Edo period when Japanese arts and culture spread further, and printed the works of these masters on the canvas called aloha shirts. The collection named "National Treasure of Japan" includes the passions of the great arts which Japan is proud of to the world.
- Doshoku Sai-e, Jakuchu's masterpiece, which was produced from 1757 to 1766 with the motif of animals and plants. The series consists of a total of 30 pieces, and this "Nanten Yukei-zu" is one of them, and it is a work of 1765. The motif is the vividly-grown Nandina tree and the Shamo (Rooster). And the black used for a muscular body of Shamo, the bright red for a rooster comb and for nandina, the contrast of the colors are exquisitely arranged, that depicts a beatiful space.
- Jakuchu Ito
Jakuchu was born in 1716 as the eldest son of a vegetable wholesaler in Kyoto. Jakuchu, who has a calm and quiet personality, has no interest in anything other than painting, so contrary to the expectations of those around him, he abandoned his parents' home and sometimes stayed in the mountains of Tamba for two years even though it was a merchant era. At the age of 40, Jakuchu gave the position for a successor away to his younger brother and started his career as a painter seriously. He continued to sketch free-range chickens on the porch without leaving the house, and was influenced by the Chinese Song-Yuan paintings, he established a style of observing and portraying familiar things in detail.
- Model Wearing Size: S （Height 170cm / Weight 52kg)
- Original art: Created by Jakuchu Ito / 絹本着色 (color on silk) / Around Meiwa 2 (1765)
- Title of the Work: Doshoku Sai-e Nanten Yukei-zu (Nandina and Rooster)
- Fabric: Rayon100% （RAYON FUJIETTE）
- Print: OverPrint
- Pattern: Horizontal pattern
- Pocket: Left chest (pattern matching)
- Button: white-lipped pearl oyster (Pinctada maxima) Button
- Made in Japan
※Please avoid washing it with water and tumble dryer as it may cause shrinkage, loss of shape, puncture, and damage to the buttons. Regarding a care, please ask to a reliable laundry store.
※Please refer to the diagrams as a reference point for our in-house guide on measurements. Please see "HOW TO MEASURE" below.
※Each products have individual differences for size. Thus, this measurements may not be accurate. Please measure your clothing you have, and find out which size fits to you based on this size chart.