Sun Surf × KUNIYOSHI UTAGAWA
Sun Surf × National Treasure of Japan
- The original work is a work by KUNIYOSHI, an Ukiyo-E artist who was apprentice to TOYOKUNI UTAGAWA and was active with KUNISADA who was a senior apprentice.
- In this work, which is based on the motifs of "Suppressor of Three Mountains, Huang Xin" and "Stumpy Tiger, Wang Ying", the charms of both heroes are boldly depicted.
- With reference to the design pattern found in vintage Hawaiian shirts, the "Yagasuri (pattern resembling that of arrow feathers)" pattern is designed on the shirt fabric, and Kuniyoshi's work is cut out in a circular shape and laid out those to bring out the power of the design of this pattern.
- Rayon100%（KABE CREPE）
- Over Print
- White-lipped pearl oyster Button
- The pattern of the pocket is also matched on the shirt
- Model Wearing Size : S （Height 170cm / Weight 52kg)
[National Treasure of Japan]
In the Edo period when the nation became peaceful and tranquil after the war-torn era ended, people began to seek spiritual well-being through art and literature. Under such circumstances, paintings and woodblock prints by professional painters caught the hearts of people in Edo and became extremely popular as an entertainment. Since "Ukiyo-E" could be mass-produced, they were sold not only to people of higher rank but also to ordinary people at affordable prices. In this way, Ukiyo-E became a part of everyday life as a pleasure.
Sun Surf focused on the painters of this period when Japanese arts and culture spread further, and printed the works of these masters on the canvas called aloha shirts. The collection named "National Treasure of Japan" includes the passions of the great arts which Japan is proud of to the world. It has started as a collaboration with the arts of Hokusai in 2017, and now takes a new turn with participation of the new artists in 2020.
※Please refer to the diagrams as a reference point for our in-house guide on measurements. Please see "HOW TO MEASURE" below.
※Each products have individual differences for size. Thus, this measurements may not be accurate. Please measure your clothing you have, and find out which size fits to you based on this size chart.